Monday, February 1, 2016

New Year, New Books, Author Interviews #13


Hello Luvs!

This interview is the LAST interview of this month! 
I can't believe that January has gone by so quickly! Just think, it's already been one month into 2016 and it feels like I was just drinking that grape fizzy drink that comes in the fancy bottles (whatever their called . . . I forget). 

But anyways, the lovely blogger I am interviewing today is 


Thanks for letting me interview you Jadey ;P 



Question 1-  What’s your New Year’s Resolution?
Jade- Gosh.. This year I want to accomplish so many things!!! But let’s keep this simple and say that I’d like to read 100 books or more as a Goodreads challenge and gain 1,000 or more on IG.
(And I’d obviously love to spend more time on my blog editing, reviewing, and interviewing.)


Question 2- What is your TBR for January?
Jade- My TBR for January is:
After the Woods by Kim Savage
The Gifted by Matthew Dickerson
Shattered Blue by Lauren Bird Horowitz
Passenger by Alexandra Bracken



Question 3- What inspires you the most when you write a blog post?
Jade- Oh that is a great question!! It might sound weird but I just get this sudden burst of joy and excitement when I finish the last page of my current read. And from then on I immediately have this extreme urge to spread the word on how I felt about the entire book I had just read. I feel that when I  click the button “New Post” at the top right hand corner of my blog, that I just finally get the chance to be in my own little world, where I get to discuss and talk about the pros and cons of the novel. I love everything about a new blog post. Especially when I get to interview friends and authors.

Question 4- What was the hardest things about writing your latest blog post?
Jade- Man… these are some tough questions! The latest post I have on my blog is my January TBR. Which is basically myself talking about what books I plan to read for the month of January and some of my New Year’s Resolutions. But the hardest thing about my post was talking about my New Years Resolution, because it was complicated to think about the things I’d like to achieve and work on for this year. And talking about them was harder than I thought.

Question 5- What’s your favorite quote?
Jade- My favorite quote is "Anyone can betray anyone” by Victoria Aveyard. From the book Red Queen. I read it last year and from then on it’s always been stuck in my head. It’s not only simple but it means a lot to me, because it’s completely true. Anyone can betray anyone, especially when your blinded with the love you have towards that person. I have learned my lesson when it has come to that. So Victoria’s quote will always stay true to me.

Question 6- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Jade- That’s hard to say because everything is constantly changing, not just in my life either. Everyday is a new day, for opportunities that could open new doors. But I know that in the next 5 years I’d love to become a martial arts instructor, go to college and work towards my masters degree in Fine Arts, or towards becoming a professional reviewer. Or even all three? Who says I can’t be all three right? For all I know I might veer off in another direction, like becoming a tattoo artist or owning my own business.
Nothing is set in stone yet, but what is set in stone is that I know that wherever I go and whatever I do, I want to be happy doing it. And my advice to myself and anyone else is to always “ Do what you like, like what you do”.


Question 7-  Where are you from?
Jade- I was born and raised in California, where I currently live. I live super close to the coast line so I get to experience hearing the waves, and sinking my toes in the sand. You can always find me at a local Starbucks drinking an iced latte, or walking barefoot at the beach with a sketch pad in my hands.

Question 8-  If you could interview an author this year who would it be?
Jade- Do I have to choose one? I guess the one author at the top of my list would be Leigh Bardugo. I absolutely love her writing style and the beautiful yet dark world that she creates. I got the awesome opportunity to meet her last year! And it was so outstanding to here her talk so passionately about writing, and her journey creating the Grisha world. Leigh is so intelligent, I was so blown away with all of the information I learned from her in just a short time span. It would be a dream come true to sit down with her, have some coffee, and just talk endlessly about writing.
But I cannot forget about other authors like Kim Savage,Romina Russel,Rick Yancey,Brent Weeks,Alexandra Bracken,Susan Dennard… and many more.


Question 9- What are a few books you want to read this year (2016)?
Jade- A few books that I’d love to read for 2016 is
Dark Souls by Martina McAtee
Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
Heartless by Marissa Meyer
And Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo.


Question 10- What genre do you like to read the most?
Jade- I love to read YA fantasy, But I’d love to get into Historical Fiction/ Fantasy too!

Question 11- What’s one thing your really looking forward to?
Jade- I’m just overall looking forward to this year and what it will bring to the table! I can’t wait to meet some amazing people this year, and accomplish the goals I’ve set aside for myself. It’s going to be exciting!




I LOVE your answers! 
And I also love that quote, I have about a thousand of quotes that I really like but they aren't all from books, some are songs or shows/movies :)

Anyways!

If you'd like to know MORE about the wonderful JADE, click the links below! 

TwitterMetamorphicbooks



Visit the launch post to this event, here
or Visit the Features section to find all the interviews! 

visit this interview (here) to enter a giveaway and also read an interview with Heidi Heilig!
End's February 4th

Just a little side note: I am so sorry that this post is up late! I am so upset because I had the post ready and I wasn't even going to schedule because that hasn't been working lately, but when I went to post it . . . THE POST WAS GONE! so I had to REDO everything! I am so sorry that the last interview is up at a later time :( 

HAPPY READING, LUVs

No comments:

Post a Comment